Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tattoo removal- session #1...

This is my "tramp stamp," as they call it; It's the chinese symbol for "LOVE." I got this tattoo at the end of my freshman year at ACU; I was 19 yrs old. My best friends, at the time, Lindsay and Kendall were with me, because they also thought they were going to get a tattoo, but, they didn't. My boyfriend at the time, whom will remain nameless, bought this for me...



I love tattoos, but just wish I hadn't gotten it on that part of my body. My others are hidden; you can't even see them with a bikini on. One is a cherry tattoo that I have matching with my best friend and the other is the infiniti symbol (sideways 8), matching with my husband, Nick. I want 2 more... one matching with my sister and another one representing my daughter, and those will also be hidden.




I got it done at The National Laser Institute- Medical Spa in Dallas, TX. It's a school, where they train, so it's like you're their "guinea pig," per say. When I walked into the room to get it done, there were 6 other trainees in the room, so it was kind of like I was on a reality show, buuuut with no cameras. Ha! They put an ice pack on my back for a few minutes to numb the area, then I laid on my stomach; I had to put these amazing goggles on and hold a stress ball. It felt like bacon grease being shot at my back, over and over, for about 20 seconds. Thank goodness this tattoo isn't that big, otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it! Only 6 more sessions to go... :/

They did the outline, first...


I'm very excited to see how it will look when all the sessions are complete; hopefully by Summer time! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is such a great photo of your freshly lasered tattoo. I wonder who the amazing iphone photographer is. She must be AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon grease?! Yikes. If this works on you I'm following suit - looking forward to future posts on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to do that! How much was it?

    ReplyDelete